Monday, February 19, 2007

Tech Toys for Travel

I admit it, I love travel gadgets and tech toys. Those of you who know me, know I've been traveling with a digital camera, and sometimes a laptop for almost 10 years.

This next trip, I'll be taking the Lifedrive, a wireless keyboard and a digital camera.
I also recently bought a new toy, a USB card reader for SD cards.I bought it here.
With this, I can take the card out of my camera, and (hopefully) plug it into any USB port in an internet cafe where I can send emails with photos or update here. Or, take documents off the LD, put them on the card, to access them in internet cafes.
I can also take that same card, put it into the LD and send emails from there with photos if I have wi-fi access.
This would also be a good option for people who want to off-load or save photos from their cards to a photo website.

The PDA is loaded with music, audio books, my complied travel notes for the current trip (restaurant recs, sightseeing), Metro software, money software, checklists, etc. The calendar has my itinerary and I can access the internet if I can find wi-fi. This PDA thing is new to me, so it will be interesting to see just how "paperless" I can be.

No comments: